Our presence in two Virginia regions (Hampton Roads and Eastern Shore), Northeast North Carolina and Bermuda as a progressive and innovative company dates back to 1970 when Don Damuth, founder, purchased the Trane Commercial franchise. That day, Damuth with 9 employees embarked on a journey that led to where we are today — the leading provider of solutions that will help create and sustain a healthy building environment. To learn more about our history, click here.
- Products – All Trane commercial, residential, industrial and truck refrigeration.
- Oil shortage – Focus turned to providing energy efficient systems (and it remains a focal point).
- Office building construction boomed!
- Equipment in existing buildings aged.
- Expanded the service and parts offerings.
- Building Automation team was formed.
- Focus shifted to building systems vs. individual pieces of equipment.
- Focused on Turnkey / Performance Contracting.
- Moved the Parts location to Virginia Beach. Added wholesaler type products to the portfolio. (We now have 3 locations.)
- Headquarters moved to current facility; 50k+ square foot building in Cavalier Industrial Park, Chesapeake.
- In 2003, Don Damuth’s oldest son, Clint, was promoted to President / General Manager after more than 15 years in the business.
- Began offering Intelligent Services, this allows client’s to gain insights of their building’s performance through active monitoring and assessing energy performance with energy assessments.
- In 2020, we celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company.
- We remain a family-owned and operated business under the leadership of Clint Damuth, President.
- We employ over 200 professionals, including over 80 specialized service and controls technicians and 9 certified energy managers.
- Our goal remains the same: To provide clients with the best possible service and be their trusted partner by helping them to maintain a safe, healthy building environment through every phase of a building's life.