ABC-Virginia 24-Hour Competent Person Fall Protection Training
Hybrid Course of Instructor Led Online Training & In-Person Classroom Training
5 Total Sessions:
- August 19, 2020, 12 - 4PM – Online with Instructor
- September 2, 2020, 12 - 4PM – Online with Instructor
- September 3, 2020, 12 - 4PM – Online with Instructor
- September 8, 2020, 12 - 4PM – Classroom Training
- September 15, 2020, 8:00 AM – 4PM – Classroom Training
Who Should Attend: Anyone required to manage a safety program or who is responsible to be the on-site Competent Person, including Safety Managers, Safety Directors, Onsite Managers, Supervisors, Section Leads and Responsible Persons.
EM385-1-1 requires all Competent Persons who have employees who work at height, to attend a 24-hour class. Federal enforcement of training requirements began September 1, 2016. Section 21 is significantly different from the current OSHA Subpart M and ANSI A10.32 requirements.
This 24-hour training is in accordance with 29CFR 1926 and EM-385-1-1, introducing students to the USACE EM385-1-1 Safety & Health Standards, as well as Virginia and Federal Construction Safety Standards and Regulations covering Fall Protection. This course includes classroom instruction in addition to the required 8-hours of practical hands-on training.
- An integrated study of hazard recognition and abatement principles related to falls on construction worksites.
- Available equipment, equipment use, maintenance, storage and inspection requirements to maintain compliance
- Basic rescue techniques and emergency action procedures