Damuth Trane Success Story: Hampton University
Hampton University is a comprehensive institution of higher education, dedicated to the promotion of learning, building character and preparation of promising students. The University is a privately-endowed, non-profit, non-sectarian, co-educational institution that was founded in 1868. The campus features both historical and modern buildings. The buildings featured in the photos have been linked together by Trane controls, enabling the facilities team to view them in real time and respond to emergencies quickly. Damuth Trane’s BAS Team is also able to view alarms and assist the University remotely.
- 5400 enrolled students
- Approximately 58 buildings currently make up the campus
- Centralized Tracer Summit System – several buildings are connected on the University’s LAN
- Ice storage systems cool two large buildings
- Several buildings have Trane chillers, Systecon Pumping Packages and ABB Drives
- Damuth Trane maintains several buildings for the University