We’ve Provided a Safe and Successful Working Environment in Hampton Roads Since 1970
Our presence in Hampton Roads, Eastern Shore and Northeast North Carolina as a progressive and innovative organization dates back to 1970 when Don Damuth, founder, purchased the Trane Commercial franchise. Starting with only 9 employees that day Damuth embarked on a journey that led to where we are today — the leading provider of solutions that will help create and sustain a healthy building environment.
- Products – all Trane commercial, residential, industrial and truck refrigeration.
- Oil shortage – focus turned to providing energy efficient systems (and it remains a focal point).
- Office building construction boomed!
- Equipment in existing buildings aged.
- Expanded the service and parts offerings.
- Building Automation team was formed.
- Focus shifted to building systems vs. individual pieces of equipment.
- Turnkey / Performance Contracting
- Moved the Parts location to Virginia Beach. Added wholesaler type products to the portfolio. (We now have 3 locations.)
- Headquarters moved to current facility; 50k+ square foot building in Cavalier Industrial Park, Chesapeake.
2000 – Today
- We remain a family-owned and operated business. In 2003, Don Damuth’s oldest son, Clint, was promoted to President / General Manager after more than 15 years in the business.
- We employ more than 175 professionals, including over 60 specialized service and controls technicians and 22 certified energy managers.
- Our goal remains the same: To provide our clients with the best possible service and be their trusted partner by helping them to maintain a safe, healthy building environment through every phase of a building’s life.