Roger Shull, Director of Energy Business Development with Damuth Trane, was re-elected President of the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Southeastern Virginia Chapter on Wednesday, December 12th at the quarterly chapter meeting.
The Southeastern Virginia Chapter of the AEE was organized to help promote the scientific and educational interests of individuals within the energy industry and foster action for Sustainable Development. The chapter was founded by outgoing president, Mike Gaffney of Alaris Companies, in 2009.
“As Chapter President for 2013, my goal is to continue to provide membership access to practical applications and educational opportunities in the field of energy efficiency. I’m proud that we were able to attract a diverse group of industry experts to speak at our quarterly chapter meetings in 2012. These speakers and topics included:
• “Our Electric Utility – Update and a View into our Electric Future” by Dominion Virginia Power
• “Commercial HVAC & Lighting Rebate Program Options” by GoodCents
• “Compressed Air Systems: identify low hanging fruit” by Ingersoll Rand
• “Save Energy, Save Water – The effects of water quality on Heat Exchangers” by Vortisand
• “Energy Efficiency Initiatives” by Virginia Beach City Public Schools
• “Heat Pump/Heat Recovery Chillers for use in Commercial Buildings” by Damuth Trane
• “Solar Thermal – applications for boiler preheat and domestic hot water” by the Department of Veterans Affairs
• “LED Lighting in Commercial Applications – Lessons Learned” by JJM Associates, Inc.
“Myself and the other Board members would like to thank departing board member Matthew McKeon for his service and dedication to the SEVA AEE Chapter since its inception in 2009. We also would like to welcome Pete Ryan as the newly elected Treasurer of the Chapter. Pete is currently the Manager of Engineering Services at Alaris Companies, LLC and is a Certified Energy Manager as well as a Certified Energy Auditor.” said Shull.
The 2013 Chapter officials include:
• President: Roger Shull, CEM – Director of Energy Business Development, Damuth Trane
• Vice President: Mark Tschirhart, CEM – Associate Director for Capital Plans and Projects, York County Schools
• Treasurer: Pete Ryan, CEM, CEA – Manager, Engineering Services, Alaris Companies
• Secretary: Douglas K. Henderson, PE, CxA, CEM – Senior Mechanical Engineer/Commissioning Authority, Pond & Company
The next chapter meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 13th. Check the chapter website after February 1st for the exact meeting location.
For more information about the Southeastern Virginia Chapter of the AEE visit www.aee-seva.org